Yolanda G. Hoelscher
Ms. Hoelscher joined Brincko Group in 2007 as a senior associate and paralegal. She has assisted in the administration and wind down of several companies in Chapter 11, including EMAK, Spansion Inc., Special Devices Inc., Metabolife International, Inc., Copeland’s Sports, Inc., Franchise Pictures and National Consumer Mortgage. Highlights of Ms. Hoelscher’s career at Brincko Group include:
Big 4 Accounting Firm
- Reviewed and analyzed voluminous documents (in excess of 100,000 documents) related to damages claims filed by a major healthcare company against its public auditors.
- Assisted in preparing schedules and spreadsheets as backup for adjusted damages calculations.
- Drafted expert report including several binders of documents and detailed spreadsheets.
- Reviewed and analyzed all invoices submitted by law firms and prepared a database to track the debtor’s legal expenses.
- At the request of the bankruptcy court, researched and analyzed rates charged by local law firms in similar cases and compared to rates charged in this case. Drafted a report noting any discrepancies and/or errors which resulted in a savings to the debtor.
- Drafted monthly fee notices.
- Assisted in drafting expert witness reports related to valuation and preference actions.
- Drafted monthly fee statements and interim fee reports.
- Assisted in the wind down of company, this included:
- Reviewing and interpreting Liquidation Plan for the purpose of liquidating bankruptcy estate and distributing proceeds to all claimants.
- Researching certain tax claims and negotiating with taxing authorities;
- Disposing of remainder of company assets, including contents of 5,000 square foot warehouse;
- Arranging for disposal of controlled substances and other expired OTC herbal supplements.
- Wind down and dissolution of company’s 401(k) and pension plans.
- Extensive negotiations with California Franchise Tax Board on behalf of debtor and fifty-two SPEs resulting in settlement with taxing authority.
- Assisted with liquidation of bankruptcy estate including disbursements to unsecured creditors.
- Recovery of escheated funds on behalf of debtor, including research and proof of ownership.
National Consumer Mortgage
- Assisted in the research and forensic investigation related to Ponzi scheme perpetrated by debtor’s principal.
- Assisted in researching backup documentation in a number of fraudulent transfer actions filed by the debtor.
- Assisted in the trial preparation against the Rio casino in fraudulent transfer action filed by debtor.
Prior to joining Brincko Group, Ms. Hoelscher was a paralegal and assistant corporate secretary at CalComp Technology, Inc., a publicly traded, majority-owned Lockheed Martin company.
Ms. Hoelscher is a native of Mexico, where she received a BA from the Universidad Autonoma de Baja California and worked as an assistant cultural/business attaché at the American Consulate in Tijuana, B.C., Mexico.