Senior Managing Director
Ms. Thoroddsen joined Brincko Group in 2000 and has worked on the majority of the restructuring and Chapter 11 assignments handled by the firm. During her career at Brincko Group, she has worked as chief financial officer and senior restructuring consultant. Ms. Thoroddsen has prepared complex business and restructuring plans, as well as liquidation and preference analyses and bankruptcy services for a variety of companies and their constituents, including Spansion, Edison Mission Energy, EMAK, Consolidated Freightways, National Consumer Mortgage, Metabolife International, Franchise Pictures, Special Devices Inc., and Strouds, The Linen Experts. Highlights of Ms. Thoroddsen’s assignments include:
- Spansion Inc., a public leading flash memory chip supplier ($3 billion in revenue), where she served as Interim CFO and Chief Restructuring Consultant and directed all aspects of the Chapter 11 process, including cash flows, statement of financial affairs, Summary of Schedules, monthly operating reports, claims administration, contract assumptions and financial, liquidation, and preference analyses, as well as all SEC reporting requirements.
- Claims Agent for Spansion Inc. to evaluate and resolve certain avoidance actions (in excess of $1 billion in claims), including acting as expert witness in these actions.
- Edison Mission Energy, leading independent power producing enterprise specializing in developing, operating, and selling energy and capacity from over 40 generating facilities in 12 states and the Republic of Turkey. Ms. Thoroddsen was hired as claims consultant to review and evaluate over 1,800 proofs of claim with an aggregate value in excess of $10 billion. Her duties include negotiating with claimants, performing avoidance claims analyses and providing litigation support in litigated claims disputes, including court testimony.
- Copeland’s Sports Inc., a West Coast chain of sporting goods stores where she served as CFO after Chapter 11 was filed and, during the bankruptcy process, served as its COO.
- Strouds, The Linen Company, retail chain of high-end linens and housewares. Ms. Thoroddsen was hired as financial and restructuring consultant and the assignment included analyzing and improving the client’s business operation which resulted in a successful restructuring and sale to an investor group. She was responsible for all bankruptcy related issues, including liquidation, preference and financial analyses.
- In addition, Ms. Thoroddsen has performed liquidation and restructuring analyses and assisted in the orderly wind-down of companies outside of Chapter 11, such as FLO TV, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Qualcomm Incorporated; and Patterson Vegetable Company, on behalf of its lender, AIG (American International Group, Inc.)
Prior to joining Brincko Group, Ms. Thoroddsen was Senior Vice President of Operations of Mossimo, Inc. and also worked for Coldwell Banker Relocation Services as a Manager of Financial Reporting.
Ms. Thoroddsen is a native of Iceland, where she received a BA in Business, Accounting and Auditing. Ms. Thoroddsen also holds an MS in Economics, Econometrics and Statistics from California State University, Long Beach, California and an MBA in Finance from Peter F. Drucker Graduate Management Center, Claremont Graduate School, Claremont, California.